A clean diet, strict exercise regimen and will power are the three secret keys to lose stomach fat quickly. This is because stomach fat takes a good amount of time to melt away and is usually among the last to go. If you are desperate to trim a few inches from your waistline, but do not have weeks and months to wait, here are 8 diet and exercise tricks to lose 3 inches from your waist in a matter of a month.
The best way to start out is by measuring your waist. Thereafter, you should keep a track of it measuring it at regular intervals. Counting the inches you’ve managed to reduce will keep you motivated.
Cleaning your diet of junk and fatty foods will restrict the formation of new fatty deposits preventing the body from piling on more fat in the abdominal region.
1. Reduce your daily calorie intake by approximately 500 to 700 calories. It helps you lose 1-2 pounds in a week which is a healthy amount. Do not aim for more than 2 pounds a week.
2. Do not starve the body by skipping meals. Excessive food restriction sends the body into survival mode. Thus, it starts storing more fat instead of exhausting those already present.
3. Substitute the three large meals of the day with six smaller meals. This step will keep a tab on your cravings while at the same keep your metabolism boosted.
4. Finally, it is important to make healthy food choices. This includes doubling up your intake of fiber and protein foods. They fill you up quickly and prevent overeating. In addition to this, you should eat a judicious amount of fruits, vegetables, nuts and healthy fats. Drink a lot of water and 3-4 cups of green tea. Green tea will speed up your metabolism and help you lose fat fast.
Exercise will help get rid of the fatty blanket sitting over the abdominals. Hence, it occupies an important place in your strategy to lose 3 inches from your waist in a month; there is no doing without it.
1. Aim for a whole-body exercise routine. It kicks the body into the fat burning mode and helps reduce the overall body fat percentage.
2. Include abdominal exercises in your exercise routine. Abdominal exercises do not do much to reduce stomach fat. However, they play a crucial role in sculpting the abdominal muscles creating for a lean and toned look. A list of beneficial core exercises includes the bridge, the plank, crunches and squats. Abdominal exercises will really help if in addition to trimming the waist by 3 inches you are aiming for a sexy six pack.
3. Try to fit in a cardio workout in your exercise routine. The ideal is 30-45 minutes, 3-4 times a week. Cardio exercises are most effective when done as interval training by alternating high intensity exercises with moderate to low intensity activities. Interval training helps burn more fat in a shorter duration of time than simple cardio.
4. If you are really serious about trimming your waistline in a month, you will also have to lift a few weights. Weight training increases the resting metabolic rate by increasing muscle tissue in the body.
To make these diet and exercise tips on how to lose stomach fat quickly more effective, you should also get enough rest at the end of the day and learn to manage your stress.